E + A + T: Full health and zero score N + U + K: Gives you all items you need for the current level as well as a random weapon found in that level
Hints from Duke Nukem 2
In Duke Nukem, there are seven secret bonuses you can get on every level, each giving you 10000 points at the end of the level. Here they are:
1. Destroy all the spy cameras in the level.
2. Get through the level without taking a health hit.
3. Finding every weapon on a level.
4. Getting all the merchandise in a level.
5. Destroy all the spinning guns in a level.
6. Destroy all the napalm bombs in a level.
7. Shooting all the crystal balls, and not touching them in a level.
Below is a picture and the original hint document that comes with the registered version of Duke Nukem.
Game Picture of Hints
The game had an official picture for hints. Here it is:
Duke Nukem 2 Hint Document
- Duke has four weapons available for mass butt kicking! See the help inside
the game for a graphical representation of what these weapons look like.
» Default Gun -> Least Powerful. Unlimited shots
» Lasers -> Can shoot through anything. 32 shots
» Flamethrower -> Very destructive. 64 shots
» Rocket Launcher -> The most powerful weapon! 32 shots
- There are many items that Duke will run into while playing the game that
will help Duke during his game play. See the help inside the game for what
these objects look like.
» Soda Can - Gives one unit of health
» Atom Powerup - Gives one unit of health
» Turkey - Gives one unit of health
» Cooked Turkey - Gives two units of health
» Six Pack of Soda Cans - Gives six units of health
» Access Card - Used to open force fields
» Key - Used to open doors
» Rapid Fire PowerUp - Temporarily gives player rapid fire
» Cloaking Device - Temporarily makes player invincible
» Blowmatic Fanmaster 4 - When activated, it can propel Duke upwards
» Restart Beacon - When activated, Duke will restart level here
- There are also many objects that Duke can run into that will give him many
bonus points! Once again, see the game help for what these objects look like!
» Duke Nukem Danger Shades - 100 points
» Duke Nukem II Computer Game - 500 points
» Duke Nukem Compact Disc - 500 points
» Duke Nukem Video Tape - 500 points
» Duke Nukem II Video Game Tape - 500 points
» Duke Nukem II Boom Box - 1000 points
» Duke Nukem Television - 1500 points
» Duke Nukem II Commando Phone - 2000 points
» Duke Nukem Actioncam - 2500 points
» Duke Nukem Brand Computer - 3000 points
» Duke Nukem autographed Tshirt - 5000 points
DUKE NUKEM II GAME HINTS
- There is an easy way to determine if a red box has a bomb or a coke can(s) in
it. If the red box has a coke can in it, you will walk in front of the box.
If it has a bomb in it, you will walk behind the box.
- Duck when you're being bombarded by eyeball shrapnel.
- Spiders will jump on you when they see you. If one hits you, you'll lose one
point of health. To shake them off, you need to jiggle from left to right
really quickly. Don't let them stay on you!
- If you're at full health, the atom powerup is worth a lot of points. 10,000
of them, to be exact!
- If you shoot a soda can, and grab it as it flies upwards, you get 2000
- Collect the letters N-U-K-E-M in order for a special 100,000 point bonus!
If you get all the letters, but not in the right order, you still will get
a bonus, but it will only be 10,000 points.
- There are seven ways to get a secret bonus in a level. All of them are
worth 100,000 points, and you will collect them at the end of a level.
1 » Destroy all the spy cameras in the level.
2 » Get through the level without taking a health hit.
3 » Finding every weapon on a level.
4 » Getting all the merchandise in a level.
5 » Destroy all the spinning guns in a level.
6 » Destroy all the napalm bombs in a level.
7 » Shooting all the crystal balls, and not touching them in a level.
- In some levels, there is a hint globe that you can find. If you find it,
take it to the pedestal in that level, and you'll get a super secret hint
for that particular level.
- The blue guards in the game won't shoot at you if you're in the air, so while
approaching them, try and jump and remain in the air.
- The spinning turret guns that shoot at you can only be destroyed with one of
the really powerful weapons. They can only be temporarily disabled with your
default weapon. Duke's ship can also destroy these turret guns.
- The napalm bombs will destroy anything within their range of explosion,
including the coke cans. If you have a coke can lying near a bomb, you had
better get the coke can, or you'll lose it!
- In some levels, there is a force field that you can't get through without
finding the cloaking device. There is a graphical representation of what
these objects look like inside the online help within the game.
- Conserve your weapon energy if you are near the end of a level. You will
carry over your weapons into the next level. This is especially useful if
going up against a boss creature.
- Whenever you start a level, you start it with full health, irregardless of
how much health you had at the end of the previous level.
SECRET CHEAT KEYS
There are two secret cheat key combinations in Duke Nukem II. Both of them may
be used as many times as you wish.
[E] [A] [T] - Gives you full health, but it also resets your score to zero.
[N] [U] [K] - Gives you a random weapon, and also gives you all the inventory
that you need to finish the particular level you are on.
Please note that these only work in the commercial version of Duke Nukem II.
These codes do nothing in the shareware version of the game.